They were squishy and small and seemed to disappear in three bites. I swear that was why we ate so many.
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 2 c sugar
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 2 eggs @ room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c strong brewed coffee
- 1 T instant espresso granules
- 2 sticks unsalted soft butter
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 3 c sifted powdered sugar
- 3 T instant espresso granules
- 2-3 T cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with paper.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on low speed and slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix instant espresso granules into brewed coffee and combine.
- With mixer on low, slowly add coffee/espresso and mix until just combined scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to fill muffin tins leaving about a 1/4 inch at the top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 15 minutes, then remove then to cooling rack.
I just bought these silicon muffin cups and hearts and liked them although they do produce a smaller cupcake.
I made the cupcakes the night before frosting them. They just get more moist overnight. And yes of course we ate two plain ones with vanilla sauce.
And now time to frost…..and EAT AND