Oh to be acknowledged. It’s like high school all over. I feel seen. I’ve been having a lot of fun with this blogging platform. Writing, cooking, reading great blogs and taking loads of pictures. And last night I got a little note in my mail from creativenoshing that she was nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I was one happy camper going to sleep. After a great day with my fam, I looked so forward to sitting at the computer and writing this post. The meusli post can wait till tomorrow!
So Chloe says to me this morning as I darted from the table to my kitchen window with the perfect natural light… with the last three mini croissants, butter, my homemade kumquat jam and a little cheese knife… she says, “Boy, you are really into taking pictures of food lately. It’s getting kinda weird.”
I said, “Yeah, I’m a little obsessed,” as I carefully arranged my croissants, marmalade and cheese knife about sixteen different ways and stood on the heavy wooden stool that has become a permanent fixture in a place where I manage to to run into it several times a day thus maintaining a permanent bruise on my knee. “But I’m just having so much damn fun.” I replied. “And last night, I got an award.”
“That’s cool.” Chloe grinned, nodded her head a couple times and turned back to making chocolate chip pancakes with grated orange.
Now I just hope I can get this post done before our internet goes off at 11pm (it’s weekend and we get an extra two hours). Nope. I’m back the next morning…Where was I…oh yes…
Here are the rules. You may have seen them before. Hopefully the next set of bloggers will follow these steps and put a big smile on seven more bloggers faces 🙂 Or 15? I’ve also seen 15 nominated at a time. Which makes me realize I gotta surf more. I think 7 is good. Here are the guidelines:
- In a post on your blog, nominate 7 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
- In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
I would like to once again thank Creativenoshing. I’m enjoying your recipes and posts so much and I don’t even know your name! Thanks again for inspiring me to keep it going.
Here’s my list so far…
1. Avventura aka enigmaedelweiss – clever, interesting, funny lady
2.Travel.sketch.write – travel, beautiful artwork and gluten free recipes
3. Eggton – good humor and writing, recipes and the cutest pooch to boot.
4. Movitabeaucoup – serious sarcasm and wit make me laugh
5. Mamakatslosinit – one crazy, funny, silly lady.. really out of my league
6. Spinningpixels – down to earth, a virtual friend and another funny gal
7. Photobotos– very cool daily inspirations
My 7 random bits:
1. I lived in a cabin with an outhouse for 4 years, know how to kill a chicken and milk a goat.
2. I always have to close the closets before I can sleep at night.
3. I love raw meat and I rarely go a day without half a bar of dark chocolate.
4. I love Chevy Chase, Jim Carrey, Steve Carrell, Tina Fey, Kristen Wiig,Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller.
5. I’m a freak about numbers. They usually have to be even.
6. I massaged my breasts through most of high school because I heard that it would make them grow. It doesn’t.
7. I’m outgoing and shy at the same time and I love it when people laugh at my jokes. Especially my hubby, O.
Ok.. that’s it. I think my job is done here and now I must go clean the living shit out of my house as I’ve had ZERO desire to clean.. and we have guests coming thank god or little cleaning would probably be happening today either. Because I really want to make spring rolls with rice paper and bake brownies. But here’s one little shot of eggs and croissants.. Can’t. Stop. Taking. Pictures. of… FOOD.